SM: “We’ve got it all from you, mwahahaha!”
Henry Sy’s SM has a long history of atrocities resulting from massive corporate greed: contractualization, union-busting, oppressive working conditions, the building of malls to the detriment of communities and local markets. Recently, SM displayed its wanton disregard for the environment by its planned removal of 182 mature pine trees from one of Baguio City’s main and most prominent parks. It is also building many controversial high-rise developments, among them in Tagaytay City and Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City.
SM indeed takes greed to a whole new level of evil. The devil, after all, is capitalism, and SM is its incarnate.
- Baguio residents protest mall’s plan to cut trees
- Environmentalists hail Baguio City’s ‘ban’ on SM tree-cutting
- Backgrounder on SM’s violations of workers’ rights
- Aquino involvement in SM’s acquisition and development of its Baguio property
- SM Prime plans ‘green’ re-development for Baguio mall
- SM’s official video explaining the developments plans for SM City Baguio
- More info on SM’s Tagaytay development near Taal Lake